[amc] Tomorrow's (Nov 27) Adult Forum: Weaver Weighs In

  • From: "Ray Gingerich" <RGingerich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 07:49:43 -0600

Hi Everyone,

If you missed last Sunday's discussion, you will have a chance to respond on
the same lecture tomorrow (attached).

Also, you may be interested to know that Weaver responded to my parallel with
the Roman empire in Revelation and the current empire on the world scene:

"Ray,

Thanks for this update.

I am quite willing, nay eager, to draw linesf rom the empire of the first
century to the current world empire andemperor. A short lecture does
not allow time to say everything. You allmight be interested to look up
my article, "The Politics of Revelation,"which was in Mennonite Weekly
Review, 9 August 2004, page 6. The articleis a very brief overview of
Revelation and application to currentpolitics. (I wrote it for the election.)
In this article, I got to saythat the current president (along with Kerry)
was a current reflection of the second beast of Rev. 13, which looks like
a lamb but has thevoice of the dragon--that is proclaims Jesus as favorite
philosopherwhile running aggressive war based on lies. In following issues,
therewere a couple letters wondering how I could say such inappropriate
things about our saintly president!

Denny"

We will also discuss "Other Implications" at the end of the lecture.

Ray