[amc] Re: Summer Schedule

  • From: "Friesen, Steven J" <friesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Dixie <dixichik1981@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Lee Lever <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 13:04:40 +0000

I'll be out of town the following Sundays.

June 8, 15
July 6, 13, 20, 27

On Aug. 10 I'll probably have family in town, but might be available in a pinch.

Steve

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve Friesen
Louise Farmer Boyer Chair in Biblical Studies
2505 University Ave. Stop A3700
University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX 78712-1086

Office: 530 Burdine Hall
W: (512) 471-8629
F: (512) 232-4230

homepage<https://webspace.utexas.edu/sjf365/Friesen/Home.html>
podcast<http://sites.la.utexas.edu/religionreport/>
COMCAR<https://googledrive.com/host/0B0Gc1JCMzkffdkgzMEVrWms2Wmc/COMCAR/Welcome.html>
 (colloquia for faculty)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* The top 1 percent in America now own assets worth more than those
held<http://www.vanityfair.com/society/features/2011/05/top-one-percent-201105>
by the entire bottom 90 percent.

* The six Walmart heirs are worth as much as the bottom 41
percent<http://www.epi.org/blog/inequality-exhibit-wal-mart-wealth-american/>
of American households put together.

* The top six hedge fund managers and traders averaged more than $2 billion
each in earnings last
year<http://www.institutionalinvestorsalpha.com/Article/3337321/The-Rich-List-The-Highest-Earning-Hedge-Fund-Managers-of-the-Past-Year.html>,
 partly because of the egregious "carried interest" tax break. President Obama
has been unable to get financing for universal prekindergarten; this year's
proposed federal budget for pre-K for all, so important to our nation's future,
would be a bit more than a single month's earnings for those six tycoons.

  - From N. Kristof
column<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/15/opinion/kristof-its-now-the-canadian-dream.html?partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&_r=0#story-continues-2>,
 14 May 2014.

On 5/19/14, 7:56 AM, "Dixie"
<dixichik1981@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:dixichik1981@xxxxxxxxxxx>> told me:

Hello all:

Please send me your summer plans (for weekends that you will be out of town).
I am going to (attempt) to make the summer schedule for June, July and August
in the upcoming week.

Thanks for your continued service to AMC.

Sincerely,

Dixie Yoder