[amc] Search and Recovery Efforts Hays/Blanco County

  • From: Michael Shirk <Michael.Shirk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite <austinmennonite@xxxxxxxxx>, "amc@freelists org" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 15:40:09 +0000

This is latest and best I have been able to get thanks to Steve’s lead. I am
going to Blanco with Samaritan’s Purse soon.

Michael
512.364.0158

For immediate release
05/26/2015
Recovery Task Force PIO

hayscoflood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Volunteer Reception Centers in Hays County to Aid Volunteers, Organizations,
and Homeowners in Flood Relief

Hays County, Texas –Two Volunteer Reception Centers (VRC) for those interested
in providing assistance to the Hays County flood relief effort have been
established in Wimberley and San Marcos. For current information, visit
haysinformed.com.
Wimberley VRC Location:
Cypress Creek Church
211 Stillwater Road
Wimberley, TX 78676
Hours of Operation: 8am-5pm

San Marcos VRC Location:
San Marcos Plaza Park
206 N. C M Allen Parkway
San Marcos, TX 78666
Hours of Operation: 8am-5pm
Opening at 10am on 5/27

AmeriCorps members from Texas Conservation Corps have established two VRCs that
give volunteers the opportunity to learn about and sign up for volunteer
opportunities throughout Hays County. Partnering with various groups and
organizations working to provide disaster assistance, the center provides the
public a central location for getting involved. Upon registration, volunteers
will be matched with opportunities based on interest, skill, and availability.

Affected citizens who need volunteer support are also encouraged to come to the
VRC in order to register for assistance.

Emergency Management Officials request that all volunteers register with the
VRC or volunteer agencies. Please email hayscoflood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

For additional information please visit haysinformed.com or dial 211.

###