[amc] Religion and progressive politics, jan. 29

  • From: Steve Friesen <Friesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:10:00 -0600

I don't know anything about this except that the speakers look interesting.
I'm guessing that they'll be "virtually present" by video link or something.
Why would you bring all these high powered folks in for two hours?

Steve

Sunday, January 29, 2006 @ The Crossings
³Envisioning a New Political Paradigm in America²
Presented by Walter Wink, Rita Nakashima Brock, Ph.D., David and Fran
Korten, Glen Smith, Rabbi Steven Jacobs, Edie Beaujon, Rev. Osagyefo Uhuru
Sekou, Emilee Whitehurst, and Harville Hendrix
Join prominent peace and justice activists and progressive interfaith clergy
from around the world as they gather for a Community of Conscious Dialogue.
Be a part of this exciting dialogue as these progressive thinkers give brief
presentations of their latest projects for the future of America and the
world and entertain questions from you. Other tentative speakers include Jim
Forbes, Frances Kissling, Brian Sarrazin, Obery Hendricks, John Mohawk, Doug
Krantz, Pat Clark, Julio Medina and others. Tickets are $10.00 per person in
advance or at the door. For more information and to purchase tickets by
phone, call 1-877-944-3003.

http://www.thecrossingsaustin.com/events/events.php?sec=9&sub=1

Steve Friesen
Louise Farmer Boyer Chair in Biblical Studies
University of Texas at Austin

W: (512) 471-8629
H: (512) 482-0822
F: (512) 471-4111