[amc] My Dad

  • From: "Ray Gingerich" <RGingerich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "My Friends" <RGingerich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 16:27:05 -0500

Dear Friends,

Several of you have been inquiring about my dad's condition, so I am sending
this e-mail to several of you.

For the past week he has been deteriorating, two steps down, then one up. Since
Wed., each day the hospice nurse (also my nursing-home-nurse-sister) says she
is surprised to see him still alive.

I just talked to my sister-in -law who was just leaving the nursing home and
she said they left him resting peacefully. He was awake during part of their
visit, but couldn't say anything, yet seemed somewhat responsive to their
presence although they didn't know if he could recognize them. She said she
read him the comforting words of John 14 (Bible).

So, everybody agrees he's on his way out, it is just a (short) matter of time.
If you pray for him, please know that he is asking to die. We are praying for
comfort and peace as he goes.

Ray