[amc] Re: Morally Basic Political Action

  • From: Ruth Anne Abraham <abraham.rad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Micheal McEvoy <micheal.mcevoy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 10:53:35 -0600

What can be more "morally basic" than refraining to sexually exploit your
students when you occupy a teaching position in a seminary?  Shame on you,
John Howard Yoder, and on our own Mennonite seminary,  which looked aside
for years while this exploitation occurred!  One of our sacred tasks as
Christians is to speak up for the powerless -- not to protect the powerful.

Ruth Anne Abraham