[amc] MDS work day is Jan 26th

  • From: stephen hochstetler <srh2pjh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mennonite Church Austin <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Carl Dube <LCDube8040@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 21:42:16 -0600

Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone that expressed interest in helping Jan 26th in Bastrop
with Mennonite Disaster Service.   The plan is to come together at the camp
by 9AM that morning, then we will be assigned house to help at.  We will
finish up the day around 3 or 4pm.

The camp address is: 132 Pine Hill Loop in Bastrop.   If you are driving
yourself the location at maps.google.com is the right location.   A hint on
directions is that in Bastrop the speed limit on 71 will drop from 65 to 55
for about a mile.   After the second light the speed limit goes up to 70
(or 75) and goes down a hill, then back up a hill.   Near the top of the
first hill at the faster speed limit will be the left turn onto Pine Hill
Loop.

What to bring:  pack a lunch, water will be provided by MDS.   All tools
are already there, but if you have a favorite hand tool or tool belt go
ahead and bring that.

We want to be at the MDS camp by 9AM and from there we will learn what
projects we will be doing.   Do not be concerned if you have no experience,
this is a great way to work together and learn while helping.    Anyone who
wants to car pool please let me know if you want to be a rider or a
driver.   Anyone who wants to ride with Pat or I, please let me know and
plan on meeting at church at 7:30AM.

Those that said that they can make it are the following:     Everyone else
is still invited, just let me know at srh2pjh@xxxxxxxxx if you can come.

David and Yvonne
Pat and Steve
Janice Friesen