[amc] MDS 2011

  • From: Austin Mennonite <austinmennonite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 15:42:19 -0500

Last year a number of us spent time volunteering through Mennonite Disaster
Service in response to the Bastrop fire.  MDS would like a report on the
volunteer time given by Austin Mennonite members to that relief effort.  If
you spent time responding to the Bastrop fire through MDS would you please
estimate the number of days you volunteered and the activity?  For
instance, I estimate that I spent 5 days involved with investigation and 2
days with a minor repair projects.  The categories of activity are:

   - investigations
   - clean-up
   - minor repair
   - major repair
   - rebuild

I am aware that Steve H., Miguel, Patrick and Dave volunteered.  Were there
others?  Yvonne, I think your time hosting the early MDSers would be part
of this accounting.

It is helpful for MDS to have this information as they introduce the MDS
organization into disaster situations.  It helps clarify the scope of the
volunteer base, the most important resource MDS brings to a disaster.
 Please take a few minutes to estimate your volunteer time with MDS last
year and send the figures to me.  I will complete the report and share it
with MDS and our congregation.

Thanks!

--
Lee Lever, Pastor