[amc] Re: John Dominic Crossan in San Antonio this Weekend

  • From: "Nevitt D. Reesor" <reesor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Steve Friesen <Friesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:10:44 -0600

This is the coffee shop inside the Fresno Institute for Biblical Studies (FIBS)? I assume you're working since Mennonites never take time off. (… a holdover from the days on the farm.)

Nevitt

On Jan 25, 2006, at 10:06 AM, Steve Friesen wrote:

I'm out of town and so out of the plans.

I'm currently in a coffeeshop in Fresno trying to snatch some internet access
before my parents get up and start the day

Steve

Quoting Ray Gingerich <RGingerich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

If anyone is interested in going Fri or Sat, I am interested as well. Ray

Roley Lecture Series is coming this month

  Who: John Dominic Crossan,
  Jesus Seminar founding member

When: Friday evening, Jan 27, 7:30 p.m.; Saturday, Jan. 28, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
and Sunday, Jan. 29, 9:30 and 10:50 a.m.

  Where: Madison Square
  Presbyterian Church
  319 Camden, San Antonio TX 78215

  Topic: "The Historical Jesus Then and Now:
  The Challenge of the Kingdom of God" including:

    a.. "The Roman World of the Jewish Jesus"

    b.. "The Life of Jesus"

    c.. "The Death of Jesus"

    d.. "The Resurrection of Jesus"

  Cost: Friday evening and Sunday-no charge
  Saturday seminars (9 a.m.-3 p.m.) reservation required, $35 donation
suggested (Saturday lunch available by reservation-$7)

Steve Friesen
Louise Farmer Boyer Chair in Biblical Studies
University of Texas at Austin

Snail mail: Dept. of Classics
            1 Univ. Station C3400
            Univ. of Texas