[amc] Harrisonburg church plant

  • From: The Metzler Sawins <metzsaw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 19:41:39 -0800 (PST)

Hey All,

Yep, you knew it would happen sooner or later.  We, the Texas
Mennonites would eventually begin church planting among the non-Texas
Mennos.  I believe we've now reached critical mass.  With our family,
Ben, Marike & Calvin, and Megan Kemp all here in Harrisonburg, I think
we may have to start our own church -- one that WILL enter MCUSA,
unlike many of our Virginian brothers and sisters.

EMU is encouraging this church planting idea, provided that the many
young Austin Sarahs (and the non-Sarahs too) consider attending school
here.

All this to say, y'all now have a very good reason to come visit this
"hill country."  And fear not, I'm getting pretty good with my back
yard smoker so I can still supply you with Texas food, even in this
land of smokeless BBQ.

Mark