[amc] Fwd: Sarah's ceramics

  • From: Nevitt Reesor <reesor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 20:23:51 -0500

Last Sunday a number of people asked whether Sarah would be interested in making and selling more of her pottery. Below is her response.

Nevitt Reesor

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21168753@N06/sets/72157605259870195/

The above is a link to a flickr album that has pictures of some of the pots I did this semester that should give you a fairly good idea of the kind of stuff I can do. None of those specific pots are available right now (unless they are on the table at Church already) but I can do similar things.

If you make a request, keep in mind that I do not know exactly when or how much I will be throwing this summer. I will make a list of requests and get to them when I can, but I am not going to make any promises about when they will be done (this could possibly not be until next spring, I will be working full time this summer and have classes in the fall but should have time in the studio in the spring). If you want something for a gift just let me know when you would need it when you make a request and I will let you know what I can do.

You can give me requests at church or email me at reesors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx . When you make a request if it is something similar to one of the pictures, please tell me what the number of the picture is (this is in the title, ex. IMG_1320) so I can find it easily. Feel free to request whatever, I'll let you know if I think its something I can do decently.

In regards to size the largest I have done so far are pots about 6/7 inches tall 7/8 inches wide (the white and brown lidded jar is this big). You can request one of the glazes pictured--except for the grayish drippy ones, those are wood fired and I do not do that very often (these are all labeled under the picture)--or tell me what you would like and I can get as close as I can. Also right now I would rather not have requests for sets (unless it is something very small like one of my pitcher and cup sets or say four matching cups) as they require much more effort.

Lastly if you are interested in getting a plate (or something else) that has a drawing on it like the first two, I am really most comfortable doing animals, and keep in mind a project like that would require more time (so it may be longer before I get a chance to spend that much time on it), but go ahead and let me know if you are interested in something.

Thank you all so much for your support and complements!!

-Sarah