[amc] Re: Every Church a Peace Church Conference -- Dallas, TX

  • From: Heidi Ratzlaff Xiong <heidi.ratzlaff.xiong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:05:42 -0800 (PST)

Hello Wilson,
I am very interested in this "Every Church a Peace Church" conference and
appreciate you bringing it to my/our attention.
This is the kind of peace work and learning that I want to be involved with.
Of most interest to me, is a workshop on the final collaboration phase of
preparing a workbook for a year-long study on the path to becoming a
conscientious objector to military service.
Although I am not sure yet whether I will be able to go, if I were, I would be
glad to drive and take up to four people.

Also, I wonder if we could come up with people who would really want to go, but
won't be able to.  Such of us might be willing to partially financially sponsor
an replacement to represent us, in the knowledge that they could come back and
share with our group what they experienced.

It might be a good youth group project, to take a van or bus up Friday after
school, to arrive by the free Friday 7pm program and stay for Saturday's
workshops.  Everyone would be back home by Saturday night.

Thanks again for mentioning this conference.  Below I have included some of the
workshops that will be available.
Heidi

Friday
 â?¢ ECAPC: How to Start a Church-base Peacemaker Group
-- John Stoner and Michael L. Westmoreland-White
â?¢ Conscientious Objection & the Draft, Part One (Veterans For Peace)

Saturday
 â?¢ Starting a Black Voices for Peace Chapter in Dallas -- Damu Smith
â?¢ An Introduction to Every Church A Peace Church -- Dick Davis
â?¢ How to Start a Church-based Peacemaker Group -- Michael L.
Westmoreland-White
â?¢ Economic Conversion: Moving Toward a more Peaceful World -- Lloyd Dumas
â?¢ Men and Peace: What Does it Mean to Be a, â??Man of Peace?â?? --Hadi Jawad
â?¢ Toward a Practical Spirituality of Nonviolence --John Stoner
â?¢ Get Your Peace Message on Local Cable Access --Marty Ruggles
â?¢ Resisting the Military -- Dan Burnam
â?¢ Parents as Peacemakers -- Dallas Peace Center
â?¢ A Peace Witness in Columbia --Victor J. Hinojosa
â?¢ Standing With the Oppressed --Tammerie Spires
â?¢ Creating A Culture of Peace -- Larry Brown