[amc] AMC Update 2014May7

  • From: Austin Mennonite <austinmennonite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 18:35:14 -0500

*Worship at AMC - Sunday, 11:00 a.m., May 11, 2014.*

   - We will be using Psalm 23 and John 10:1-10 for scripture texts during
   worship.
   - "Who has been a shepherd to your faith? Is there someone who has been
   an inspiration or model for you on your faith journey?  Who is that person?
    How would you describe how s/he has influenced your faith?"
   - Please reflect on these questions this week.  You will be invited to
   respond briefly during the sermon time this coming Sunday, May 11.

*Sharing of Joys and Concerns from Sunday, May 4:*

   - Pat - Peggy's mother is doing well after hip surgery (PT and rehab).
    George continue TMS treatments for another week.  Difficult time for Peggy
   with severe back pain. She begins PT soon.
   - Dama - appreciated words read today from Isaiah 43 - "Do not fear, I
   am with you..."  Concerned about her son's trip to Belize.
   - Stacey B. - Grandma is 98 today!
   - Larry Dixon - Isabel has run a fever for several days.  The Dixons are
   heading back to Topeka, KS tomorrow.  Enjoyed the week with Mia and family.
    Appreciate Austin Mennonite congregation.
   - Janice - will be traveling to California to remember her mother's life.
   - Larry Abraham - Remember students and teachers as the academic year
   draws to a close.  It is a stressful time.
   - Clayton - Enjoyed a visit with Hannah's mother who was in town the
   past week.
   - Howie - Celebrated his youngest son's wedding last weekend.
   - Aaron - Yesterday Susanna was married to Will!!!
   - Sarah P. - Participated in a walk to legalize marijuana.

*Calendar*

   - *May 11, SUN, 1-2:30pm *- Contemplative Prayer Group meets in Outer
   Office.

   - *May 15, THU, **7pm* – Women’s group.

   - *May 18, **SUN, Noon - *Congregational meeting.  Agenda: Report on
   pastoral review, vote on another term for Pastor Lee Lever, Quarterly
   financial report.  Update on HVAC pledge drive, "...that cool heads may
   prevail..."

   - *May 18, SUN, after meeting - *Young Adult Lunch

   - *May 25, **SUN**, **6:30pm* – Men’s Group

   -

   *July 4-6 - *Western District Conference Annual Assembly.  “God With Us
   – Patient and Persistent.” Lakeview Camp and Retreat Center, 5128 FM 66,
   Waxahachie TX  75167.

   links:
    - www.lakeviewcamp.net
      - http://mennowdc.org/conference-life/annual-assembly/

Would you like to attend the annual assembly of the Western District
Conference?  Check out the above links.  Talk with Steve Hochstetler or
Pastor Lee about attending as a delegate from AMC.

*Isaiah 43:1-7, NRSV*

*1 But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed
you, O Israel: Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by
name, you are mine. 2When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through
fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. 3For I
am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as
your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in exchange for you. 4Because you are
precious in my sight, and honored, and I love you, I give people in return
for you, nations in exchange for your life. 5Do not fear, for I am with
you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will
gather you; 6I will say to the north, “Give them up,” and to the south, “Do
not withhold; bring my sons from far away and my daughters from the end of
the earth—7everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory,
whom I formed and made.”*

*Lee Lever, Pastor*
*Austin Mennonite Church*
AustinMennonite.org