[amc] AMC Update 2014July16

  • From: Austin Mennonite <austinmennonite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 13:39:43 -0500

*Calendar*

   - *Jul 13, SUN:*

*9:30am-Noon* - Sunday school and worship.

*1-2:30pm* – Contemplative prayer group, Outer Office.

*Noon (-ish) *- Some (Miguel) are exploring the possibility of watching
*the* soccer match together, Annex 1.

*6pm* - Howie's birthday (19??) at Bartholomew Park. Kickball (kind of like
soccer and baseball combined).

   - *Jul 17, THU, **7pm* – Women’s Group.
   - *Jul 20, **SUN**, **noon* – Young Adult Lunch.
   - *Jul 26, **9-11am* – Coordinating Council meets at AMC.

**************************************

*Sharing of Joys and Concerns from Sunday, July 6*

   - Clayton - Struggling with a conflict in the community where they
   reside.
   - Jim - appreciated the sermon today.
   - Misty - asked for prayer for her brother, Thomas, who is recovering
   from surgery.
   - Pat - sort of enjoyed spending time with siblings in Indiana.
   - Jen - Appreciated the sermon. Wondering about Martin's interest in
   baptism.
   - Marilyn - traveling to North Carolina for a family gathering.
   - Gabe - aunt died of cancer. She had four young adult children.
   - Dama - Thankful for God's presence everyday.  Pray for Teddy as he
   waits for a response from his parole hearing.
   - Stacey B. - cousin with heart surgery continues on ventilator, maybe
   slight improvement.
   - Miguel - enjoyed flowers at the front of the church (Bob Koehn).
    Concerned about how communities respond to the refugee children coming
   into the U.S.
   -

http://pjsnpeacesigns.wordpress.com/2014/06/26/peace-on-the-hill-looking-for-refuge-and-compassion/
   - Marcia - her parents are doing well.  Her sister is stable.
   - Becky - her daughter, working with youth, requests prayer for
   compassion and patience.
   - Stacy V. - just returned from a month long road trip.  Glad to be back.

*Offering*

*God of heaven and earth,*
*tiller of soil and sower of seed,*
*we are here because you planted your seed in us.*
*We are here bearing the fruit of that trust and growth.*
*We offer to you now what we have and what we are,*
*that it too may not return empty*
*but go further still according to your purpose. Amen.*

Peace,

*Lee Lever, Pastor*
*Austin Mennonite Church*
AustinMennonite.org