[amc] AAIM Interfaith Thanksgiving

  • From: Jared Diener <jd.diener@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 09:12:59 -0500

Anyone interested in participating in the AAIM Interfaith Thanksgiving?

Jared

This year AAIM' Interfaith Thanksgiving Service & Celebration is marking its
25th Anniversary, and we would like you and your faith community to play a
role in making it a joyous occasion!

Planning for this year's service is now getting under way, and we hope that
you will help make it a true reflection of Austin's diverse faith
community.  This year's service will be held at First Baptist Church
(downtown at 901 Trinity St.) on Sunday, November 22, at 3:30 pm.  This year
our theme is Courage, and we'd love to present many different expressions of
that theme. Once again we hope to have as much interactive engagement of all
present as possible.

If members of your faith community would like to offer a song, prayer, or
guided movement of 3-5 minutes in length, please have them contact me at
tosarah@xxxxxxxx

We also invite all our participating communities to help host the fellowship
time following the service, from 5:00-6:30 pm, by providing some
refreshments and persons to serve them.  At your tables you may also want to
have printed material about your faith tradition and community for people to
view and collect.

I look forward to hearing from you and seeing many of you at this year's
service.

Sincerely,

Rev. Sarah Currie

Board Member, AAIM (Austin Area Interreligious Ministries)
Pastor, St. Luke United Methodist Church
1306 West Lynn, Austin, TX  78703
Church phone:  (512) 476-8164
Sarah's cell:  (512) 699-7164
Email:  tosarah@xxxxxxx