[amc] A real need for help!!

  • From: Janice Friesen <janicef@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AMC Youth <janicef@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 20:10:28 -0500

Today a bunch of people worked over at the church and also with the CDC.
UPS sent about 16 volunteers to work at emptying the sand from one of the
play yards so that it could be replaced with wood chips that have been
donated to the CDC.  At the same time some hard working eagle scouts
dismantled the climbing structure and rebuilt it in a safer location.  Also,
Carrie, Darryl, Judy, and Dan were working on the front flower beds of the
church and doing lots of yard work.  There will be a bunch of people
sleeping well and walking stiffly tomorrow.

Unfortunately, all of the work did not get completed.  The play area was
cleared of sand, but there are still wood chips that need to be brought by
wheelbarrow to fill the play area before Monday when the kids return to the
CDC.  It is the kind of work that could get done pretty quickly with a bunch
of hard-working Mennonites.  There are three wheelbarrows now at the church
and several shovels.

If you could stay for an hour or so after church to help out the job could
be completed.  Bring work clothes to change into and if you have one bring a
wheelbarrow.

Steve and I will be there and we are hoping that there will be lots of hands
to make work, well, maybe not light, but at least not too long.

Thanks, Janice