[amayausers.com] Re: z axis error

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 04:59:03 UT

This message was posted by Christine on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/770.html#000006

I have had all of these problems over the last two and a half years - but kept
being told these are teething problems.... (LOL) Don't know any child of 2
without teeth. I did say when the machine was installed and making noises like
a ghost ship from Pirates of the Carribean, but was told that this was the
noise that these machines made - really??

Presser foot and needle came down on the hoop and again onto the grabber, loads
of z-axis errors, loads of thread breaks, loads of bad registration.  I suppose
I am lucky really - spent in excess of au$27,000 and made at least $200 over
the last two years - though I still have the stock that I couldn't fulfil
orders for, because the machine wasn't reliable enough to  stitch out a design
twice the same way resulting in me cancelling the orders. Cost $100's in giving
free service because the machine stuffed up two very expensive customer
provided shirts and the story goes on....

I had a "preventative maintenance" (anyone heard of one of those) done 4 weeks
ago (it was actually a 6 month late annual service).  The machine showed me
what it was actually capable of for 14 days  after that(and it wasn't making
the Davey Jones Black Pearl noises) - but hey hoop - 8 z-axis errors on the
15th day 3 of which was able to fix with the head-up command but the other five
required turning the needle shaft, and 5 of the 8 were on the same design - ah
well I suppose I could become a Melco engineer after all this - at least I'd be
earning something!!  I can tell my customers "I'll be there in 4 weeks" when
their machine has stopped completely and won't go anywhere.  I can tell a few
"white" lies by telling them that the machine is in perfect order and that's
the way it works - looks good sitting in the corner - very impressive and you
won't have any creaking noises if you don't turn it on!!

Oh and it seems that I need to pay for the privilege of storing the machine on
my premises  - got a bill for the "preventative maintenance" too!

Obviously I am not at all impressed with the machine, engineering, support or
Melco.