[amayausers] Re: which needle plate to use?

  • From: "Ed Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 12:46:34 -0600

Aaron,
        Thanks for the info.  I sure hope I didn't come across condescending in
my
last post on this subject.  I think I should say that by no means am I an
authority on this subject but merely a source of information which is based
solely on my own personal experience and that of others whom I've met at the
many shops I've visited.
        I have heard about aftermarket raised needle plates and that there's an
advantage but I haven't actually held one in my hand to investigate those
specific advantages myself.  I'm very impressed with what I've seen,
produced by Melco recently, addressing these issues.  It makes me proud to
be a part of the Melco family.  Only wish I could easily convert my four
year old cap frame driver and cap frames to match those improvements.  I may
reinvest soon.

Ed Orantes
Amaya, EMT, & EMC Tech.
New Orleans, LA