[amayausers] Re: waterproof tape

  • From: "Avalon Embroidery & Apparel" <avalonembroidery@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 15:42:50 -0800

Thank you Mike

I will have to experiment with that!

Barbara

-----Original Message-----
From: amayausers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:amayausers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Wargo
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 1:12 PM
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers] Re: waterproof tape

        Barbara,

                    What we have done to waterproof the embroidery is apply
film coating of clear silicone caulking with a hard rubber squeegee to the
backside of the embroidery so it extends beyond the embroidery by about 3/4
of
an inch. The trick is to work the silicone into the backside of the
embroidery
rather than just cover the surface. Sufficient curing time must be allowed
before folding or packaging!

            Mike Wargo