[amayausers.com] Re: thread break one needle only

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 11:45:58 UT

This message was posted by Shuffletown Embroidery on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO
NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking
here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1319.html

I have just done all the lubrication timers on my 2006 XT. I replaced a few
marginal thread feed rollers and pinch feed rollers. I changed out all the
needles. I WD-40ed the hook. All other parts were fine. I also upgraded to
AOS10.
The machine is running great with the exception of one needle that is breaking
the thread. It's a fuzzy break without a slingshot. Other threads in the same
sewout were problem free. I'm pretty comfortable that the problem is isolated
to this one needle. I tweedled with it, adjusting the orientation, played with
the presser foot height, replaced it, all without success. When I switched the
same thread to a different needle for the same sewout, the problem went away.
What have I overlooked? Since the maintenance, I have sewed on every needle
without problems except for this one. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks in advance.