[amayausers] soccer bag damaged

  • From: <suried@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 18:02:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,
A friend of mine brought me a soccer bag to embroider.
 She wanted it embroidered at the top where is looked
to be more plastic than nylon.  I've done a few other
types of bags that look somewhat similar and they
turned out fine. However, when I did this one, you can
see areas around the text where it looks like it can
be punched out--can see light through parts.  I was
trying to think of some way to make it more durable so
that the text won't punch out.  I thought of using a
fusible black mesh or cutaway but I am afraid it will
melt the fabric (whatever it is).  This part does have
large adidas lettering on it but I guess it could be
the pressure set rather than the heat press letters.
Does anyone have any suggestions for me other than
don't embroider on things brought to you????

Thanks,
Susan

Susan Riedlinger
Embroidery Station