[amayausers] Re: small letters on hats...desperate!

  • From: "Body Cover" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:35:40 -0800

Have you tried to slow it way down for that lettering?
usually no matter how you try, that portion of hat is lifted slightly
form the needle plate and there for takes the needle a split second longer to
clear the material as the hat begins to move to the next needle penetration
this is some of the cause of broken needles and frayed threads,
I am not saying this is your cause but it can't hurt to go down to around 500
and see if it helps,
then go back up for the rest of the design.
You may also try a double zig zag underlay with a density of around 15 then
move the
letter density to 5 or 5.5. you 'd be surprised at how nice this can help small
lettering by building coverage slowly over 3 passes instead of in one pass.

Good Luck.

Ron Vinyard
Body Cover Design
1-888-435-0176