[amayausers.com] Re: slimline clamping system or hoopmaster

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 13:40:56 UT

This message was posted by Redina on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/638.html#000001

I received the slimline clamping system with my machine and have used it for 2
years. Once I got everything working right (tension, backing, the usual stuff)
I find I use them alot! For bags, sleeves, baby blankets, basically small, flat
areas. It is very easy to use, the only disadvantage is the grippy strips on
the inside surface, it can snag delicate knits if you are not careful.
I have an all-in-one Hooper for the tubular hoops which have their own
advantages. With them, if something happens requiring you to remove the garment
to fix (birdnest, bobbin issues) you can pop it out and then replace in the
arms with no problem. When using the slimlines, it is a much bigger problem to
remove the entire apparatus then re-install. You cannot take out just the
garment and get it back in the same place to resume work. And I am still having
a problem with them rubbing on the arm cover, though a minor annoyance. As for
the hooper, I bought mine for half what had been paid for it  from a shop which
had "outgrown" it. The employees found they could hoop faster without it and
always got the left chest design in the right place. I am not that skilled and
use it for almost all shirts. It gets the design in the correct place AND in
the same spot for each shirt plus being straight and level. Are there any
downsides? Having to reposition the hoop guides for each size sh
 irt, and it is large, but it fits on the cart under the machine so it stays
out of the way and takes up no room in my tiny shop.
Hope this helps.