[amayausers] Re: shadowing

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 08:30:50 -0500

I've starting playing with the shadowing...and made these observations:
unlike my vector graphic programs, when I create a 'drop shadow' in
those-the shadow is a full duplication of the original item, and can be
moved to any position needed behind the original. The shadowing in
designshop is preset (but can be changed) and gives you 'visible' stitching
area only based on your offset percentage. So if I move the shadow to where
I want it to go, there are unstitched areas, etc. that don't line up
anymore.
So I have to learn to use the settings to change the position, not just
'grab and move' like Mac based vector line art.
Just thought I"d throw this out there in case others like me with a vector
based graphic mentality wonder why it looks terrible if we moved something!
Roland