[amayausers.com] Re: selector stepper error / trimmer error

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 05:52:53 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/815.html#000007

Judy,
If you say you're getting the error "selector stepper not on index", AND you
have the RED covers on your machine.....

Rod, back me up on this....

I'm going to guess that your machine was manufactured around the end of 2005.
Which means you have one of the earliest Amaya XT's.  To add to what Rod said
about what techs must go through to be "Certified"....
Most Amaya owners don't want to be bothered with all of the changes that your
trimming system has gone through over the last three years.  They would just
want it to work right.
However, to make sure it's fixed correctly, and to last as long as possible,
you will want to know that someone has taken into consideration all of the
latest upgrades and apply what's necessary to do the repair correctly.

Without seeing the machine, I'm guessing your problem is with one or more of a:
sensor
motor
trimmer assembly
cable
housing
cable block
bracket
main board
software
etc...

This may be why you haven't found a definite source for this issue in the
archives.
I respect your willingness to fix it yourself.  If I could give you free help
over the Internet, I would.  From what you've described, I'm guessing it's time
to replace a part or two.

Best of Luck,
Ed Orantes