[amayausers] Re: school spiritwear

  • From: "Lee & Barbara Ott" <digitalstitchz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 16:01:35 -0800

I agree with Roland. Give the group the San Mar catalog, letting them know how much the embroidery costs and let the group contact do all the ordering. We do this with two of our high schools. When a regular customer comes in and makes a request, we give them the contact for their school explaining that they are also helping the school out with raising money for the Boosters to distribute.
This past Christmas, one of our regular customers got 14 sweats from the Boosters (embroidered by us) and then brought them back to us to have them personalized! Once everyone knows that you are helping the schools to earn money, they will respect that and even more business will come your way.
Barbara Ott
Digital Stitchz

From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers] Re: school spiritwear
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 10:46:45 -0500

I've run into this before-we do a batch of (screened) sweats or tees for the PTO, class or something-and the next day parents are in that want 'special' ones (different color or better quality, or sweat shirt instead of teeshirt) just for themselves. With embroidery you can do an extra one or two-with screening you can't. Either way-we tell them- the GROUP is handling all orders and the GROUP owns the design-not us! Sometimes the 'committee' gets pretty tee'd off when they have gone to the trouble of selecting colors, designs, etc. and then someone that didn't agree with it tries to 'go around them' and order a 'special' edition....because then they know that everyone ELSE is going to try and do that-instead of buying the ones they did for the fundraiser!
I always tell a group that this can happen-so if they are ordered teeshirts, for example, I give them a price for sweatshirts-and tell THEM to take the order, collect the money, and then I'll print them. That way no one gets upset, the group gets their markup-and I keep them all happy.
Even if you give them a 'percentage' if someone orders through you, that isn't kosher...it's an end run around a committee. And some of those same parents may be in a business that might consider ordering through you.
With embroidery, on the Amaya, its easy to do 1 or 2 item orders on something else-so give the GROUP the list and costs of 'other items' and tell them to offer it. I hand them a Sanmar catalog-tell them to pick what they want from that! Dealing with a group order is easier than having 30 parents lined up in your office trying to pick out different items, different colors....
Roland
Hi everyone,
I have some strong ties to my community school and I
am getting ready to put in proposals for work with
several elementary PTOs and the high school DECCA
group.  I am wondering how I handle people who contact
me outside of these groups who want the same thing or
something similar.  If it is the exact same thing that
I supply for one of these groups, I would think that I
should charge the groups rate and then give them their
percentage.  What about if someone wants the same
design on a different type of garment though???  Just
trying to think these things through before I actually
meet with the groups.

Thanks,
Susan

Susan Riedlinger Embroidery Station Columbus, OH

http://mail.yahoo.com