[amayausers] Re: redo a design

  • From: "Janel Harris" <janel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 17:05:23 -0700

Ashley,

The end result can only be as good as the art you have to work with.
Digitizing from a scan of an embroidered garment is not a fun experience
(been there more times than I wish), and the poor condition of the
existing embroidery would eliminate this option if it were my project. I
would start by asking if artwork is available for these 3 logos. If they
are common brands, it's likely they can be sourced. If not, then I would
suggest having them recreated by a graphic artist. Then they need to be
digitized. With a stitch eraser you can remove the old designs within a
reasonable amount of time and then stitch on the new ones. It appears he
places a great deal of value on this older uniform so I wouldn't advise
cutting corners to save him money. Doing it right will make it look good
as new and he will walk away happy with a uniform that will last many
more years.

Janel Harris
Dimensional Designs
http://www.dimdesigns.com