[amayausers.com] large orders and leather

  • From: Carol Brussel <brusselembroidery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:57:39 -0700

Wow, I wish *I* had that problem (quoting large orders). I think I could handle changing hoops and I also know someone else with a shop with two machines, and I would definitely try to get the order and then find some backup to do part of them. I'm finding it hard to get orders of any kind from anyone.

I have sewn on leather many times now and only have problems when it was too thick. However, I was just googling up treadle sewing machines (I collect old people-powered sewing machines) and saw a video on youtube of someone at a trade show doing embroidery on a piece of leather (that went on a purse) on a treadle, and one of the interesting things I noticed (aside from her obviously having a cone of thread on the FLOOR feeding the machine) was that it looked like some kind of stabilizer underneath the piece of leather. I haven't used one ever and so far (knocking on wood) I haven't had any of the problems people mention. I just got a new Stitches magazine and glanced at it, saw there is an article about embroidering on leather. Sounds very helpful.

Carol

Carol Brussel
Brussel Embroidery Denver

BrusselEmbroidery@xxxxxxxxx