[amayausers.com] Re: .dst File - Stitching Problem

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 17:51:31 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1247.html#000013

Gabi,
"The BEST Embroidery" will always be in the eye of the beholder.  I've been
blown away over the years by horrible embroidery that customers simply LOVE and
also by the teenie-tiniest of flaws that will keep an embroiderer from sleeping
at night.  Therefore, to this, I say, whatever it takes to make you and your
customers happy will be what you are striving for from not just your embroidery
machine but more importantly, your embroidery business.  Because, after all,
your machine only represents one third of your embroidery.

The three areas of embroidery that must be mastered for professional results
are:
1)The machine - must be running as it was designed by it's manufacturer.  If
not, get it fixed.
2)The operator - must understand hooping, thread tensions, backing, needles,
fabrics, machine & software tools, etc...
3)The digitizing - what else can you say.  This must be done correctly based on
size, fabric type, machine type, customer's requests, etc...
...Give the same design to 10 different digitizers and you will get back 10
differently digitized designs.

At this point, you will want to use as many descriptive words to describe what
it is about the embroidery you are currently producing that you would like to
see change as well as what type of change you desire.

An example: Just last night, my customer told me.... "Look, see, it's sewing
BAD".  After asking specifically what she meant, it turned out that she thought
the text was sewing too thin so I showed her how to increase the column's width
in software.  Now she was happy.

Remember that McDonalds, Burger King, & Wendy's all make hamburgers however
they all taste a little different and yet they are all successful in business.
Your embroidery doesn't have to be identical to someone else's in order to have
happy customers.  Think about how many people are happy (or content) with junk
made in China.

There will be a balance between the price you charge, the quality you produce,
and the turn-around time you provide to create that much desired "Happy
Customer".

Wishing you the best,

Ed Orantes