[amayausers] Re: back on the golf towel questions...

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 08:12:28 -0400

Every hardware store around me carries 'hand held' grommet pliers for small
(1/4") brass grommets- and also the 'hammer and anvil punch' set for larger
ones. I bought a hand held plier grommet machine that sets the larger ones
through Ameriban- a sign supplier-and have used it on heavy duty vinyl
canvas with no problem-sets a 1" diameter grommet but not quite as 'clean'
as the hammer and anvil. Was very inexpensive-the 'counter top' model that
is what most shops use is around $300, the hand held I think was under $50,
the hammer/anvil set is about $15 with a box of grommets.
All my textile suppliers carry the 'pregrommeted' towels for golf blank-not
as cheap as a blank towel but figure if your time and effort is worth the
difference.
Roland