[amayausers] Re: baby blankets

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 08:05:37 -0500

I used to make Halloween costumes for my theater group, and to rent out commercially. A lot of heavy 'capes' and robes. I found a source where I could by bolts of psuedo fur, stuff like that-at a fraction of the 'fabric store' prices.
All I did was look inside the bolt rolls where I had been buying it (for over $15 a yard 15 years ago) and wrote down the name of the mill it came from. Didn't have computers then- just started making phone calls! Eventually found a mill that sold to 'anyone' that bought rolls (and they had partial rolls-you didn't have to buy huge rolls) and paid around $2.50 a yard.
So just start looking! Since you are a 'business' in your embroidery shop, you don't even MENTION buying 'retail'. Not all mills will sell direct but might send you to a distributor. Even commercial 'velro' cloth-I bought 5 colors on rolls just to line displays at my jewelry store.
I don't have the info any more-got out of making and renting costumes. But it wouldn't take any one long with computer to track down a source. Just look for a label or tag INSIDE the cardboard roll at your fabric place!
Polartec fleece, Malden Mills-before the big fire and bankruptcy sold by the roll/partial roll-best fleece in the world! Don't know what they are doing now but as far as I know still in business.

Roland

Sunrise Graphics
116 Main St
Claremont, NH 03743
603-543-1324
fax 603-543-9902
www.sunrisegraphics.org
signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Jan 31, 2006, at 9:24 PM, <suried@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Speaking of baby blankets, does anyone know of a place
to buy fleece and other fabric at whole sale prices.
I try and use my JoAnns coupons and sales to stock up.
 But it would be nice to just get it wholesale
somewhere.

Thanks,
Susan

Susan Riedlinger