[amayausers] Re: auto acti-feed...

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 14:25:58 -0500

Well, I hoped it would improve! Up to double thick backing, 3 oz.
cutaway..and seeing more and more bobbin coming up through the hat
front and showing on the front. Not improving-although watching the
auto settings it is ranging from 2 to 20, it still pulls the bobbin
thread right through. Tightened up the bobbin tension several times,
added solvy on top. Seems that each hat is getting a little worse
'pull through' each time. No looping, and the 'oval' around it is
fine. Its the satin columns that make up the lettering doing it.
Looking at the back, where I should see 'thirds' I see almost nothing
BUT bobbin thread-I'd say 90% with a thin line on each side of thread.
If I try to just set the MT manually-I get very inconsistent sewout-
tried it around 8-10 as an 'average' of what it had been ranging-but
as soon as it hits the seam it gets too tight.
Wondering if this is similar to the problem with 'group names' a year
ago-where the computer kept adding up the number of stitches for
repeated design until it just got too tight thinking it was sewing
through multi layers? Only the auto feed is going the other direction-
pulling more bobbin up?
Roland