[amayausers.com] Re: amayausers Digest V7 #326

  • From: Stephanie Martin <crazythreadz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 00:21:02 -0600

Please remove me from this list immediately.  Thank u

Sent from my iPhone

amayausers Digest    Tue, 17 Nov 2009    Volume: 07  Issue: 326

In This Issue:
       [amayausers.com] Re: adding fonts to design shop
       [amayausers.com] Re: adding fonts to design shop
       [amayausers.com] Re: help with leather
       [amayausers.com] Re: help with leather
       [amayausers.com] large orders and leather
       [amayausers.com] Re: ds version 9 and wireless printer

Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 14:27:41 UT
From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers.com] Re: adding fonts to design shop

This message was posted by Barbara Bunker on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/459.html#000002

Did you go to your font folder and right-click on the font to "install" it? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Barb in very cold Broomfield, CO

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 14:29:50 UT
From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was posted by Mr. Sew & Sew on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/459.html#000003

Yes, a TTF and that was the trick - I had copied the font file but not "installed" it.

thanks to all for answering.
Tom

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 15:59:30 UT
From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers.com] Re: help with leather

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/1089.html#000001

There is a great article in the November issue of stitches magazine on how to sew on leather.
Check it out.

Ed

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:47:03 UT
From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was posted by KERRMINATOR on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/1089.html#000002

I didn't watch the full thing, but it may be
useful...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZZtjoShYz8

------------------------------

From: Carol Brussel <brusselembroidery@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amayausers.com] large orders and leather
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:57:39 -0700

Wow, I wish *I* had that problem (quoting large orders). I think I
could handle changing hoops and I also know someone else with a shop
with two machines, and I would definitely try to get the order and
then find some backup to do part of them. I'm finding it hard to get
orders of any kind from anyone.

I have sewn on leather many times now and only have problems when it
was too thick. However, I was just googling up treadle sewing machines
(I collect old people-powered sewing machines) and saw a video on
youtube of someone at a trade show doing embroidery on a piece of
leather (that went on a purse) on a treadle, and one of the
interesting things I noticed (aside from her obviously having a cone
of thread on the FLOOR feeding the machine) was that it looked like
some kind of stabilizer underneath the piece of leather. I haven't
used one ever and so far (knocking on wood) I haven't had any of the
problems people mention. I just got a new Stitches magazine and
glanced at it, saw there is an article about embroidering on leather.
Sounds very helpful.

Carol

Carol Brussel
Brussel Embroidery Denver

BrusselEmbroidery@xxxxxxxxx

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 00:42:27 UT
From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers.com] Re: ds version 9 and wireless printer

This message was posted by cjk on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/460.html

Anyone have any experience with using Design shop 9 with a wireless printer? It prints with everything but design shop. When I click on the print setup icon in ds I get no repsonse. Went to the help section and attempted to print from there and it told me to click the find printer. Which I did. No response. Any ideas? Thanks, Cheryl

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 00:51:02 UT
From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was posted by cjk on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/460.html#000001

In Ds9 when I click on print it comes up with the correct printer and then does nothing. Any suggestions?

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 05:04:54 UT
From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was posted by oldkush on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/1089.html#000003

First, designs must be digitized specifically for leather [reduced density, little or no underlay stitching, longer stitch lengths, etc].

The goal when working with leather will be to punch as few holes as possible, keep those holes as far apart as you can and make the holes as small as you are able.

Second, there are different types of leather.

Lambskin is very soft and may not take stitching well unless the digitizer and machine operator know the hide's limits and adhere to those limits.

Pigskin tends to be bit tougher and a little easier to stitch.

Good cow hide is tougher still and is generally a little more forgiving when it comes to stitching.

Buffalo hide can take the most abuse when it comes to stitching and will be the easiest to stitch on.

Not only does the type of leather vary but so does the quality. It is possible that the bags you were asked to stitch, are not suitable for embroidery.

Stitching leather also has hooping and machine requirements which differ from most embroidery.

If you like, I can email you privately [via this group] a sheet giving general information on stitching leather.

Bob

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 05:55:47 UT
From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/1089.html#000004

Now there's a man who knows his hide(s)!!!

Way to go, Bob!  I'm guessing you were raised on a farm?
Please sign me up for your general leather sewing information.
emservice@xxxxxxx

Thanks,
Ed

Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 06:02:23 UT
From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was posted by oldkush on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/1089.html#000005

Not only raised on a farm .... we still live there.

Bob