[amayausers.com] Re: XT Manuals or Diagrams

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 18:40:27 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/576.html#000004

Rick...I'm not tech oriented, hate PC's...computer stuff puts me to sleep...but
I learned fast with our original 'big red' that TRAINING was the best thing we
ever did. My wife concentrated on the training for maintenance, setup,
etc.-while I put in extra class time on digitizing and setups in the program.
That helped us a lot-we were able to focus on what we did best. Once we finally
found out there WAS a tech in our area (2 years later) he came up for warranty
checkup-and spent time with us going over in detail the oiling and greasing,
walked Sue through how to change out the rollers, etc. and also spent the time
when he had the needle house apart to show us the 'invisible' parts you can't
see from the outside and don't show up in the poor pictures...like where to
airblast the sensors, and what they are, etc.
So I'd recommend you get your service tech up-and yes, it is no longer free-but
consider it a 'training day' and sit with him and watch and learn the hows and
whys and what isn't in the book-like Rod says-using the same needles over and
over can lead to overheating, oil evaporation, etc. So call your tech in, get
the coffee pot on and serve him a free lunch-you won't regret it!
For steak and lobster I"ve heard Rob and Sharon will show up....LOL...