[amayausers.com] Re: Work around on True Type Font Problems with DS+

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 13:44:09 UT

This message was posted by yetdy on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/3/685.html

I have had problems with true type fonts in DS.  One work around that I did was
to type whatever fonts that I need in Coreldraw or whatever vector drawing
software and convert everything to curves.  Select and copy everything I need
and paste in DS.  Afterwhich I convert them all to stitches.  It takes longer
but at least it gets the job done.  I think you got to have DS+ for this.  Cost
me more than buying the standard version but I think it is well worth the money
I invested.  If I am unhappy with what I see, I just convert from stitches to
graphic and back to stitches again.  There will be subtle changes but sometimes
these changes makes the overall look of the digitized item better.

By the way, if you do not have any vector drawing software, you can save to
jpeg and convert it in DS.  It takes a lot of cleaning but still faster and
easier to do than tracing everything.