[amayausers.com] Re: Wedding Bows

  • From: "Shuffletown Embroidery" <shuffemb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 07:11:17 -0400

I used a tearaway when I did ribbons with lettering. It was a real pain
removing the stabilizer. Also, the ribbon was a heavier woven.
Technique-wise, I hooped the stabilizer only and stitched a placement line
for the ribbon just like for appliqué. Then I pinned the ribbon in place
(pins out of the way of the needle path), and stitched a basting line to
hold the ribbon in place for the embroidery. Of course, the basting stitches
were removed, too, so you may wish to eliminate the tie-in and tie-off. I
didn't and it, too, was a pain to remove.
Hope this helps to guide you in making a decision as to what you need to do.
Mary

Mary Buckle
Shuffletown Embroidery
Charlotte, NC