[amayausers] Re: Updates

  • From: "Linen Barn" <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 14:32:46 -0800

Darlene,

As far as your updates go you should go for it.  Melco spends alot of time
themselves as well as their beta testers working out many of the bugs before
they will release any software to the end user.  There are times when there
are installation troubles but that is the same with any software.  The
updates are going to have something in them thats important enough for Melco
to send new software to everyone or else they wouldn't waste the money in
shipping.

I am a beta tester and I load the Beta software that isn't fully tested all
the time and very rarely have had any issues in Beta form and the released
form is going to be even better.

As far as Melco giving the link to everyone I don't think that would happen
cause our group is not run by Melco.  There are many Melco employees
(trainers, techs, sales, customer service) who monitor this list and also
some mention the list to people who dont know about it in their classes or
on service calls.  As word gets out more and more I think more people find
this list sooner.  Either way glad you found us and don't be scared of those
updates.  Jeff Banks is a Melco engineer who works with the machines and
software constantly and is almost always here to answer software
installation questions and do some troubleshooting if something happens.
And if he is not there are enough of us here that have experienced almost
any problem you can think of to help.

Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn
linen@xxxxxxxxxxx