[amayausers.com] Re: Two computer problem

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 02:21:44 UT

This message was posted by Just Sew It on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/107.html

Sometimes a small town is not the best place for computer problems as
assistance can be very chancey. Made the plunge and got a new PC with Windows
XP, lots of memory and video, etc. Had the PC built locally by the computer
gurus downtown and they sent it up with their installer.(long ponytail,lots of
tattoos) He went right to work and got the new computer up and running and put
my older PC to run the two Amaya machines. I have a local wireless network
which is run by other independent-minded fellows who scurry around and take two
days to get our five computers on the internet with a Linksys. Everything was
working ok until the new computer would not talk to the Amaya PC. This made the
installer hot so he called the wireless fellow and got him hot so they are both
mad and I have no way to work.
I called Melco, the software tech said I needed a hub, a cheap ethernet card
and a cable for the Amaya PC but would not tell me how to hook it up because he
needed to tell the installer tech how to do it. I bought what is needed and
even though I am a lowly civilian, I believe I understand what he wants to do.
It is now Friday night, no one will even talk to me until Monday morning and I
could be working tomorrow on hats!
Does this make any sense to you sweet and patient computer techs? Any advice?