[amayausers.com] Re: Trimming problems

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 18:58:17 UT

This message was posted by Juli in Kona on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/242.html

I am having and have had trimming problems from the beginning.  At about 3
months, I had a tech come to my house and service my new machine, but he said
there was nothing wrong with the trimming.  Wrong! And I am fed up.  I have put
up with this for one year now and I am going to solve this problem!

I did the AMTRIM test and had 22% either no trim or pull outs.  That is
wayyyyyy to many.  Something is definitely wrong!

I did call tech support and we did the knife and grabber tests.  Everything
appears OK.

BUT --  when I take the new knife that was originally supplied with the new
machine and cut a thread with it, there is a certain amount of pressure that
will cut the thread.  Now, with the blade extended (on my machine) I do the
same test of trying to cut a hand held thread.  The pressure needed to make it
cut is very much more than using the new knife.  In fact, sometime I have to
wrap the thread around my finger to keep it from slipping.  I think the knife
is dull or damaged somehow.  Since I have always had trimming problems it is
IMHO probably damaged somehow.  So, I think that if I change the knife, it will
help the situation.  But I can't find any directions to do that.

Juli in Kona