[amayausers] Re: Tracing within a hoop

  • From: "Ed Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:56:25 -0600

Sorry Ron,
        Maybe I should have read through all the e-mails before responding to
the
laser question. You hit the nail on the head and well said.

But as a tech, I would like to touch on the "tracing within a hoop" subject.

        I visited a customer the other day and her problem was nothing but
consistent thread breaks.  Sometimes it would sew a few stitches and other
times it wouldn't sew at all.  After checking all the obvious areas and then
digging deeper, I found that her machine was approximately 11 degrees out of
time.  So I performed the lengthy timing procedure and managed to get it
"right on the money".  I also did a complete lubrication of the machine
because she was neglecting a good number of areas.  After I was finished,
the machine sewed for an hour without one thread break.
        It was at this time I explained to her I wasn't sure how the machine
found
itself in that position and commonly one way that that could happen is if
the machine had been stopped very abruptly such as hitting a hoop.  Then she
said, "well, I did hit a hoop".  Apparently she had forgotten to change to a
smaller hoop in the Amaya OS software and was in the habit of not tracing
her designs.
        So the point of the story is to religiously verify you are matching the
correct hoop in software to the actual hoop you are using on the machine,
and/or be sure to trace your designs before you sew.  If you run with your
hoop limits turned off, you take your chances.
        I also believe that if you hit a hoop, you might just compromise your
warranty.  This particular lady was already out of warranty so it didn't
matter.

        Ron, maybe you could be a tech??
Ed Orantes