[amayausers] Tips needed for sewing on nylon webbing

  • From: "Itchin To Stitch" <itchin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Amaya User Group" <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 20:47:51 -0500

I have a customer that brought in a guitar strap for embroidery. She wants a
4-letter name embroidered vertically with some musical notes underneath. The
strap is 2" wide and she wants the lettering to be big enough to be seen from
on stage. I'm thinking the lettering will need to be
1.5" high and 1.25" wide. I can use my Hooptech frames to do the job but I'm
wondering about any tricks for sewing on nylon webbing. Fill stitch or satin?
Anything special for underlay? 75/11 or 80/12 sharp? Any suggestions,
precautions, etc. are most appreciated.
TIA,
Wendy
Itchin' To Stitch