[amayausers.com] Re: Thread picking up color from garment in monogram

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 18:44:12 UT

This message was posted by YDCustom on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1265.html

So, I'm doing a white monogram on blue towels for one of our clients.  She
claims that the towel color is showing through the embroidery.  Does anyone
know any tips for helping to prevent this?

The original towels had a layer of solvy under the embroidery.  I tried using a
layer of wash away backing instead of solvy but that made the monogram too
"patch like" for the customer's taste.  I've already got the density at 3.3 and
I don't think I can go much denser without running into the "patchlike" issue
again.  I've been using satin stitch and my widest column is .375" while my
narrowest is .125".