[amayausers.com] Re: Thread Pops out of Thread Feeder Roller Cover Groove

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 15:36:37 UT

This message was posted by edr on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/732.html

Hi All,

This last weekend, my rayon thread pops out of the groove of the Thread Feeder
Roller covers while it is embroidering making the thread lose tension, create
bird's nests and stop the machine for a thread breakage error.  This is
happening on Needles 1, 2 and 4 right now.  The Madiera rayon thread on 1 and 2
I just got new last week.  The thread on Needle 4 is a few years old.  I could
be running anywhere between 650 or 1,000 spm and the thread still will pop out
and slide to the left under the red pinch rollers.

I cleaned the both the red pinch rollers and thread feeder rollers with
alcohol.  That seemed to help a bit, but not totally eliminate the problem.
Consequently, I had to watch the thread feeders like a hawk and try to stop the
machine  when threads pop out (about every 500 stitches or so).  The red pinch
rollers are showing a light beige stripe down the center where it comes in
contact with the thread.  I didn't have the problem when I started using the
thread the first 1-2 days.

The Amaya XT is relatively new (got it last May and it currently has a Z Run
Time of 40:32:28).  I even did the 4,000,000 Stitches/Revolutions maintenance
on it the first day I had it because Amaya OS told me to.  That removes, cleans
and lubricates the thread rollers.  I thought that was odd for a new machine,
but the Melco Tech said it wouldn't hurt and I would learn anyway.

Can anyone please let me know if there is anything else I can do to fix this
problem?

Thanks!
Ed