[amayausers.com] Re: Thick pile bath mat=HELP

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 14:41:21 UT

This message was posted by Ballyhoo on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1575.html#000001

I assume that you want to embroider in the middle and can't get that far with
the slim line.

1.  Try a conventional hoop.  Open it as far as you can.  If it is not far
enough, then that won't work.  If it is far enough, after it is hooped, tighten
it as tight as you can with your fingers.  Now that it is sized properly, pull
the hoop off and hoop it again for better registration.  Don't forget solvy on
top. I invested in mighty hoops (magnetic) and that would probably work.

2.  I would also put a fill down as a background to pack down the fibers and
have a flat surface to put the monogram on.  There are lot of options: light
fill extending about a quarter of an inch from the embroidery using the same
color as the mat, or use a rectangle/circle/oval with a column border if the
same or contrasting color.

David Sklar
Ballyhoo!
Arlington, VA