[amayausers] Re: Teflon Rotary Hook

  • From: e3m@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 07:40:00 +0000

Ms. Dorothy,
Consider this...
The teflon coated hook performs as well as the uncoated rotary hook but comes
with a price tag around twice as much.
Uncoated is required to oil every 200,000.
Coated is required to oil every 600,000.
Gradually over time, the teflon coating on the rotary hook will wear thin and
you will be required to treat the hook as an uncoated hook and oil every
200,000.  If not, you will probably have a shortened life on the rotary hook
and will have to have it replaced down the line sooner rather than later.
(Because you were only oiling every 600,000)
I suggest you oil your hook at least once a day in the morning before you start
up.  Regardless of how the timers remind you.  If a timer pops up, go ahead and
oil it again.  If you are sewing 8 hours non stop, then once in the morning and
once again after lunch.
Remember that one drop is all that's required per oiling interval.
Best of luck to you,
Ed Orantes
Melco Certified Machine Technician
504-258-6260