[amayausers.com] Re: Stepper motor index error.

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:20:22 UT

This message was posted by GF on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL.
Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/344.html#000004

I have had this experience and found this to be my cause. It's another thing to
check if you haven't already. My fabric (a jacket in this case) was causing a
very slight resistance when the hoop moved around and this caused the
stepping/tracking error and the color index error. Really check to make sure
the pathway is clear to move around during a trace. Usually I started off well,
it was if I had to remove the hoop to tend to the bobbin. When I replaced the
hooped garment back during mid-sew, the fabric bunched up (only slightly but
just enough) in the back near the arm. Placing a hooped item back on the frame
is a bit more challenging when it's not in the center start position. Another
time I had this error was with using fast frames. When the design reached the
bottom of the sew field, the needleplate pushed against the edge of the frame
causing the same error.