[amayausers.com] Re: Sharp or BP

  • From: "kesavan" <kesavan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 11:34:46 +1000

Henry Ford is commonly reputed to have made the statement "Any customer
can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black."
Actually, Model Ts in different colors were produced from 1908 to 1914,
and then again from 1926 to 1927. It is often stated that Ford chose
black because the paint dried faster than other colored paints available
at the time, and a faster drying paint would allow him to build cars
faster since he would not have to wait as long for the paint to dry.

Over thirty different types of black paint were used on various parts of
the Model T. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Model_T#cite_note-12>
[13] These were formulated to satisfy the different means of applying
the paint to the various parts, and they had distinct drying times,
depending on the part, the paint, and the method of drying. Ford
engineering documents suggest black was chosen because it was cheap and
durable

We use to use sharps for both for years. The answer is simple
standardize your production save time and money.

Anand

Why would you want a hybrid?  I mean, I can use a screwdriver to pound
in a nail as well as a hammer, but my dad told me to use the right tool
for the right job.  Why would you use a needle that works on both, when
you can use one for the specific purpose - designed to do the specific
job.

Maybe I'm just not getting it.  If you only had 4 or 6 needles, maybe it
would be a pain swapping out all the time, but we have a ton to use.  We
dedicate most to BP's and have a few sharp needles, and then 2 dedicated
to small needles with thin thread.

- - - -