[amayausers.com] Re: Set Up Charge?

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 06:55:21 UT

This message was posted by Di on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL.
Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/531.html

I've been told to charge a "Set Up Fee" vs. charging for digitizing that way I
can keep the rights to the digitized file. I don't know how to digitize but I
do know how to edit and combine designs and add text (I have DSP+).

When I'm doing a job that needs to have the design digitized, I of course have
to send it out. Do most people that have to do this charge a set fee, say $60
for Set Up or do you have a slight mark up on the cost of digitizing? If you
have a set fee, do you protect youself by saying that's up to a certain size of
a design or a certain number of stitches so that you don't loose money on some
huge design? (What is a "normal" Set Up Fee and what would be the average
maximum size or stitch count for this fee?)

Then if you have someone who wants a stock design with text added, do you
charge a Set Up Fee? Or do you just make your profit in you garment and stitch
charge?

I hope my question doesn't sound like a monkey on pep pills? lol

Thank you!!!
Di