[amayausers.com] Re: Satin letters too wide - the solution - two column letters

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 18:21:45 UT

This message was posted by Juli in Kona on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/585.html

If you have big satin letters that are just not going to work because the satin
is too wide and you would like to make two narrower columns instead of the one
wide column, I have the way to do it.

After making your letters, rt click on it and hit "Convert Object to Wireframe"
 This is very manual and tedious, but it does work.  select each satin column,
one at a time and do the following: Click on  "Insert Outline".  Now a new
toolbar has popped up.  Click on the tree looking icon. On you selected column,
click at the top and bottom (of stright columns) or use a combination of left
and rt clicks to go down the center of curves.  You can click outside the
object and it won't matter.  If you put your lines in correctly, you will two
even columns every time!

I wish there was a more automatic way to do this, but I don't think there is.
So until they add this feature, this is the way to solve a very real problem.

Juli in Kona