[amayausers] Re: Red Kap Source

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve20832@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:27:40 -0400

I have found that VA T's and S&S don't have much markup. It all ships from
Red Kap anyways, not from the distributors.

Steve

From: "Linen Barn" <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amayausers] Re: Red Kap Source
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:56:58 -0700

VF is who owns Red Kap so that is actually going to the source but I know
there are requirements to getting an account.  Luckily one of my contract
customers used to be a manager at ALSCO (formerly American Linen) which is a
big linen company at least on the west coast so when he went on his own he
was able to open an account with them without any munimums.  Gotta love
contract  customers.  My other one lets me order on his Carhartt account
with no markup anytime I need to but I do have to wait 3-5 weeks for it to
come in but I now have more Carhartt pants, shorts, socks, shirts and belts
than I probably need.  Now only if they would make underwear I wouldn't have
to shop anywhere else :)  Oh, they won't let us order carhartt boots on our
account casue thats different but I like Danner's the best anyways.

Back to the SP24's.  I sell these to my customers for around $20 with a logo
so even getting them for $9.25 there is a descent profit margin there and
normally the companies that order these industrial shirts order 25-100 at a
time.

Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn
linen@xxxxxxxxxxx